A friend of mine in Egypt is a veterinarian who owns a veterinary hospital. He works with rescue groups. He emailed me from Cairo that non-Egyptians who were evacuated were not allowed to take their pets. Their pets have been abandoned.
From US evacuation instructions, “Some key points: Travelers must pledge to reimburse the government, and non-American spouses and children with appropriate documents will be included, but the evacuation flights, alas, “will not be able to accommodate pets.” The US will only evacuate people to the next safe country. They are not evacuating people to the US. Other countries are doing the same.
Commercial airlines are accepting pets in crates. Contact the commercial airlines for requirements, i.e. veterinary health certificate, vaccinations…
Some Egyptians who fled were not allowed to take their pets as they did not have a veterinary certificate of health because veterinary hospitals were closed. The flights were also completely full. The local shelters are totally full.
Animal Advocates is trying to find a way to help people in Cairo help these abandoned pets. We will keep you posted. Right now getting cash and supplies into Cairo is difficult. Hopefully when things calm down we will find a way to help.
Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates is a wildlife rehabilitator licensed by the California Department of Fish and Game. Mary Cummins is also a licensed real estate appraiser in Los Angeles, California.
- Meet up
- Animal Advocates custom Facebook name
- Cummins Real Estate blog
- Animal Advocates on Google maps
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates
- Mary Cummins biography resume short
- Mary Cummins Real Estate Services
- Animal Advocates fan page at Facebook.com
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates Squirrel Rescue
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Flickr photos
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Twitter.com
- Mary Cummins on Picasa web photo albums
- Mary Cummins on MySpace.com
- Mary Cummins on Google Blogger Blogspot
- Mary Cummins on YouTube.com videos
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates on Classmates
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on eHow