|Skunk with MBD. Mary Cummins Animal Advocates. Overgrown nails, sores on paws, missing fur.|
|Skunk with MBD. Mary Cummins Animal Advocates. Skinny body, missing fur, sores.|
|Skunk with MBD. Mary Cummins Animal Advocates. Missing fur, bad skin.|
I just got in this skunk today. He has Metabolic Bone Disease (MBD). A woman was feeding cats in her yard. This guy was eating only cat food. That causes a vitamin/mineral deficiency which causes the nerves not to function properly. They generally get rear end weakness, paralysis, seizures then death. If you catch it soon enough, they can be healthy again in a month or so. This guy will be fine.
He came in with fleas, mites, ticks, missing fur, sores on his paws, overgrown nails and major rear end weakness. Fortunately he is very laid back. He let me treat his parasites, trim his nails and clean his sores. Tomorrow I will try to give him a bath. Wish me luck. At least he hasn’t tried to bite or spray me.
Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates is a wildlife rehabilitator licensed by the California Department of Fish and Game and the USDA. Mary Cummins is also a licensed real estate appraiser in Los Angeles, California.
- Meet up
- Animal Advocates custom Facebook name
- Cummins Real Estate blog
- Animal Advocates on Google maps
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates
- Mary Cummins biography resume short
- Mary Cummins Real Estate Services
- Animal Advocates fan page at Facebook.com
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates Squirrel Rescue
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Flickr photos
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Twitter.com
- Mary Cummins on Picasa web photo albums
- Mary Cummins on MySpace.com
- Mary Cummins on Google Blogger Blogspot
- Mary Cummins on YouTube.com videos
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates on Classmates
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates on Google+