|Ban dog hunting of bears, bobcats. Senate bill SB 1221|
Today, Tuesday, April 24, the California Senate Committee on Natural Resources will be holding a hearing on Senate Bill 1221 which bans hound hunting of bears and bobcats in the state. Hounding is an inhumane and unsporting practice where trophy hunters use packs of radio-collared dogs to chase down bears. Often the houndsman then shoots the terrified animal off a tree branch.
Additionally, it leads to dog welfare problems and drains animal sheltering resources. Dogs may be struck by vehicles, die as a result of dehydration or confrontations with wildlife, or be abandoned at local animal shelters.
Please make a brief, polite phone call to your California state senator, Fran J. Pavley (916) 651-4023 , urging support for SB 1221. Be sure to leave a message detailing your support for SB 1221 if you call outside office hours. Then, send a follow-up message.
Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates is a wildlife rehabilitator licensed by the California Department of Fish and Game and the USDA. Mary Cummins is also a licensed real estate appraiser in Los Angeles, California.
- Mary Cummins LinkedIn
- Mary Cummins Meet up
- Animal Advocates custom Facebook name
- Mary Cummins Real Estate blog
- Animal Advocates on Google maps
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates
- Mary Cummins biography resume short
- Mary Cummins Real Estate Services
- Animal Advocates fan page at Facebook.com
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates Squirrel Rescue
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Flickr photos
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Twitter.com
- Mary Cummins on Picasa web photo albums
- Mary Cummins on MySpace.com
- Mary Cummins on Google Blogger Blogspot
- Mary Cummins on YouTube.com videos
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates on Classmates
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates on Google+