Please act immediately & get the word out. Many calls are needed!!Forward this alert. Tweet and post this link to FB: http://bit.ly/MBNHzNUPDATE: New Action NeededThe Proposed NYS Devocalization Ban, A3431D,Was Sent to the NYS SENATEand Must Pass As Written by June 21To End This Outrageous Act of Animal Cruelty.But the Bill is Stalled and About to Die.If it Does, Helpless Dogs & Cats Will Die Too.Live in NYS? You Can Save Them FromVocal Cord Mutilation By Calling the 2 Senators BelowEvery Day Through Thursday.Stella was abandoned after her vocal cords were cut.
SENATORS WANT YOUR VOTE IN NOVEMBER.
YOU DESERVE THEIR VOTE FOR A3431D…AS WRITTEN.Bill number A3431D would ban devocalization, the abhorrent practice of cutting vocal cords just to stifle a dog’s or cat’s voice. Thanks to your calls, it passed the NYS Assembly–and was sent to the NYS Senate.
A3431D now must pass the Senate for the devocalization ban to become law. It is currently more important than S6167C and needs your full attention.
Lobbies that profit from devocalization have turbo-charged their fight to kill A3431D. Stalled in a Senate committee, it needs a vote NOW.
If A3431D doesn’t pass the Senate by June 21, it will die—and the chance to protect dogs and cats from devocalization will be lost.
If amended as special interests want, it will allow and legitimize instead of prohibiting this outrageous act of animal cruelty.
Dogs and cats don’t need to be surgically stifled. They don’t want to choke to death, struggle to breathe, cough and gag relentlessly. These are common outcomes of devocalization even when performed by experienced vets.
What helpless animals need is an enforceable law to protect them.
They need your voice to pass A3431D as written.SENATORS ARE CONSIDERING HUNDREDS OF BILLSIN THESE FINAL DAYS OF THE 2011-12 SESSION.DON’T LET THEM FORGET YOU WANT A3431DTO BECOME LAW AS WRITTEN! PLEASE CALL DAILY.Lobbies that profit from devocalization are pressuring Senators to kill the ban, and they’re winning: A3431D is about to die, stalled in a Senate committee. You can save it. Special interests have deep pockets. But you have what really matters in an election year: your vote and your voice.
- Please try to call daily through June 21; there are just 4 days left! Emails can be ignored. Calls can’t. Always be polite!!
- Get voicemail? Keep calling till you speak with an aide.
- To ensure your message is clear, use the wording below. Add to it if you wish, but be brief and polite.
- For follow-up calls: Ask the status of A3431D, then repeat your original message.
1) Tell the office of Sen. Majority Leader Dean Skelos at 518-455-3171 or 516-766-8383: “I’d like Sen. Skelos to bring the devocalization ban, A3431D, to the floor and ensure it becomes law as written. Many people are counting on him to pass this important humane law.”2) Tell the office of your own NYS Senator (in Albany, not Congress): “I’m a constituent. I’d like the Senator’s help ensuring the devocalization ban, A3431D, gets to the floor and passes as written by Thursday. This law is a top priority for me, so I’ll be following it.”To find your Senator’s name and phone #, enter your address here: http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/?sh=searchBAN DEVOCALIZATION TO SAVE DOGS AND CATS FROM LIFELONG ANGUISH, AGONIZING DEATH …Devocalization is always dangerous, no matter how skilled the vet or what instrument is used, including laser. Even a little scarring, a normal outcome of any surgery, can block the airway. Animals choke to death as a result. They retch and gag, cough and wheeze relentlessly. Suffer heatstroke in mild weather. Inhale food and vomit into their lungs.… ALL FOR HUMAN CONVENIENCE AND GREED
Devocalization doesn’t benefit dogs and cats at all. These animals are abandoned and convenience euthanized for the same reasons as any other–or when people can’t or won’t pay $2,000 to remove scar tissue blocking their dog’s or cat’s airway.People who select, train and care for animals responsibly and humanely keep dogs and cats out of shelters. Behavior-masking surgery doesn’t.WHY DOES NYS CONTINUE TO SANCTION THIS BRUTALITY?
Devocalization is mutilation. That’s why it’s long been outlawed in many countries and since 2010 in Massachusetts.It is unfathomable that New York State still allows this brutality.Lawmakers need to stop caving in to special interests that profit from devocalization–and instead take a humane stand for the animals victimized by it.It’s up to you to persuade them! Give A3431D everything you’ve got over the next few days. Use your voice to protect animals.
BE AN INFORMED ADVOCATEwww.nyagainstdevocalization.weebly.com
What devocalized dogs sound likehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI-2M_vxerQ
Devocalization: real victimshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw4t-6rzDdo
Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates is a wildlife rehabilitator licensed by the California Department of Fish and Game and the USDA. Mary Cummins is also a licensed real estate appraiser in Los Angeles, California.
- Mary Cummins LinkedIn
- Mary Cummins Meet up
- Animal Advocates custom Facebook name
- Mary Cummins Real Estate blog
- Animal Advocates on Google maps
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates
- Mary Cummins biography resume short
- Mary Cummins Real Estate Services
- Animal Advocates fan page at Facebook.com
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates Squirrel Rescue
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Flickr photos
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Twitter.com
- Mary Cummins on Picasa web photo albums
- Mary Cummins on MySpace.com
- Mary Cummins on Google Blogger Blogspot
- Mary Cummins on YouTube.com videos
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates on Classmates
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates on Google+