Animal Advocates’ year end report. Thanks, everyone!
Here are a few things we’ve accomplished in 2012.
Wild animals we rescued for release
▪ 33 Fox Tree Squirrels
▪ 45 Opossums
▪ 22 Raccoons
▪ 29 California Ground Squirrels
▪ 7 Gophers
▪ 12 Striped Skunks
▪ 38 Pigeons
▪ 7 Wild bunnies
▪ 2 Coyotes
▪ 17 Rats
▪ 9 Mice
▪ 11 Pip bats
▪ 2 Hoary bats
▪ 2 California myotis bats
236 wild animals, 96% release rate (1% euthanized, 3% died)
Domestic animals we rescued
- 2 House Bunnies
- 3 Cats
- 32 Red eared slider turtles
- 1 Chicken
- 3 iguanas
- 152 koi fish
- 15 domestic rats
- 11 domestic mice
- 2 parrots
221 rescued, all rehomed except the cats which I personally adopted
- Animal Advocates received the 2012 Top-Rated Award by GreatNonprofits
- Paid to spayneuter 7 animals owned by others
- Put new roofs on outdoor enclosures
- Gave wildlife presentations at three public events
- Uploaded 28 new animal rescue videos to YouTube
- Now have almost 4,000 YouTube subscribers
- Now have almost 6,500,000 video views on YouTube
- Attended after incident review of mountain lion incident in santa monica
- 13 humane coyote exclusions
- Consulted with five cities about educating the public about coyotes
- Supported and campaigned for senate bill1229 which passed
- Taught a class for small mammal rehabilitators
- Almost 10,000 fans on Animal Advocates’ Facebook page
- Responded to over 1,000 emails asking for animal advice/help
- Responded to over 1,100 phone calls asking for animal advice/help
- Over 500,000 hits on our website Animal Advocates http://www.AnimalAdvocates.us
- Over 2,000,000 hits on our website Squirrel Rescue http://www.mary.cc/squirrels
With every year there are also many thanks. Thanks to Dr. Kenneth Jones and his wife Suzann for all their amazing help. Thanks to all who made monetary donations. Thanks to people who helped transport animals. And of course, thanks to Vice President MaryEllen Schoeman and all the volunteers. Thanks everyone for all the love and support. And a special thanks to anyone I accidentally left off the list.
2013 Marks our 11th year as a non-profit organization. We have a lot of new things planned!
▪ We’re looking for a new property with more land that backs up to city or state parkland.
▪ We’ll be rewriting our wildlife rehabilitation manuals and finishing a book.
▪ We’ll be redoing the websites.
▪ We expect to get our wildlife rescue numbers back up. They should be over 1,000. The economy has really taken a toll on our finances.
If you’re doing some year end tax planning, keep in mind that Animal Advocates is a 501 3c non-profit corporation recognized by the IRS and California Attorney General. All donations are tax deductible. Our PayPal button is on our website http://www.AnimalAdvocates.us or you can always send a check to
645 W. 9th St. #110-140
Los Angeles, CA 90015-1640
That’s a P.O. box so don’t deliver animals there.
Thanks from everyone at Animal Advocates for caring about animals. We wish you a happy and wonderful New Year!
Mary Cummins and everyone else at Animal Advocates
Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates is a wildlife rehabilitator licensed by the California Department of Fish and Game and the USDA. Mary Cummins is also a licensed real estate appraiser in Los Angeles, California.
- Mary Cummins LinkedIn
- Mary Cummins Meet up
- Animal Advocates custom Facebook name
- Mary Cummins Real Estate blog
- Animal Advocates on Google maps
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates
- Mary Cummins biography resume short
- Mary Cummins Real Estate Services
- Animal Advocates fan page at Facebook.com
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates Squirrel Rescue
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Flickr photos
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Twitter.com
- Mary Cummins on Picasa web photo albums
- Mary Cummins on MySpace.com
- Mary Cummins on Google Blogger Blogspot
- Mary Cummins on YouTube.com videos
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates on Classmates
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates on Google+